Pope John XXIII‘s guidance department complements the school’s commitment to developing the total individual through academic programs and extracurricular activities. The department members not only offer students social and academic guidance but also provide information and resources that are essential to the student’s self-assessment and realization of goals.
Current Guidance Announcements
PSAT SCORE RETRIEVAL
Instructions to retrieve PSAT scores (Sophomore and Junior Parents):
- Visit www.collegeboard.org
- If you have not signed up for a College Board account click on sign up
- Set up an account
- Click on PSAT scores
- Your child’s scores will be displayed
Instructions for Accessing PSAT 8/9 and NMSQT/PSAT Results:
- ·Visit www.collegeboard.org. If your son/daughter has already set up an account with College Board, click “Sign In”
- If your son/daughter has not set up an account with College Board, click “Sign Up”, then “I am a Student” to create an account. Make sure you use the exact name and email address that your son/daughter recorded on their PSAT answer sheet.
- Scores will be emailed to the students on or after Dec. 12.
In addition, students who took the October PSAT/NMSQT should connect their College Board and Khan Academy accounts.
That way, when they get their PSAT/NMSQT scores on Dec. 12, they can log in to Khan Academy and get a personalized SAT practice plan. Khan Academy is free SAT tutoring offered through CollegeBoard.
- Create a Khan Academy account on www.collegeboard.org
- Choose to share your scores.
- Sign in to your College Board account and click Send.
- Guidance Handbook 2023-2024
- GPA Calculation Instructions - New & Old Grading Scale
- Course Offerings 2023-2024
- Course Descriptions 2023-2024
- Guidance - Freshmen Study Hints
- Student Record Release
- Transcript Request
- Instruction to Working Papers
- NJ Working Papers
College Counseling Information
i. For information on Local, State and General Scholarships please login to Naviance and click the link for “Scholarship List” under the “Colleges” tab: http://connection.naviance.com/popejohn
ii. For information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) go to https://fafsa.ed.gov
iii. For information on the CSS Profile go to: http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
Military Academy Information
Contact your student’s Guidance Counselor for List of Private Tutors
Forms for Host families – use current link under Forms & Resources, International Students
For information on Summer Programs please login to Naviance and click the link for “Enrichment Programs” under the “Colleges” tab.